Monday, July 13, 2009

Facebook and More Facebook.

Well, Facebook is nothing new to me. I have had a Facebook accout for like 3 years or so, maybe longer. I have 172 friends there who i actually know. Its not like MySpace where its a competition of how many friends you can get. I don't talk to all 172 all the time but I do every once in a while. I use Facebook to keep my student assistants informed if there are any changes they need to know about. I use texts for that too, as I can Text en mass. I am a member of 21 groups on Facebook, like Bacon Salt, I Judge You When You Use Poor Grammer, and Historians Against The War. to name just a few. I really don't mind using my real name either. After I got on it my Boss and i used to to promote Library programs and events. I was really surprised this year by the number of people from my Hihgh School who had made contact with me. Plus as a n added bonus they have included numerous games recently. I myself and lots of my friends have been playing Farm Town. Its a cute little game where you creat a working farm. The only problem is you have to keep logging in to keep your crops from spoiling or you fruit trees from rotting. Its a good thing the animals don't need upkeep. Some of my friends are totally addicted to it and get up at various times in the night and farm. So I am and have been a big fan of Facebook and see the many uses it can hve to a library of the modern age!

No comments:

Post a Comment